Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21, 2012

Well, I went on a short ride this morning, just up to Walmart.  It was really bugging me that the front derailleur isn't  working right...today I tested and theory and was correct that if I shift all the way up, the darn thing won't go to the smallest cog while down takes it onto the chain guard!  We really like the guy at Dick's from whom we bought my bike, but the guy that worked on it last leaves little to be desired.  He said it'd shift easier to the largest cog, but failed to mention the problem there or the lack of getting to the smallest one!  Well, I did dink with it and think I got it.  Or, I hope I did!  I had to loosen the bracket that holds the derailleur to the frame of the bike.  It took a bit of trial and error (one being not keeping the shifting cable taut and the derailleur above the teeth of the cog), but I think I have it.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow, though maybe I should take it quickly around the block tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment