Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012

I almost didn't go this morning, though...living in Colorado, we have a major fire burning north of here near Fort Collins, and when I opened the garage door this morning, what I thought was fog turned out to be a heavy layer of smoke from the fire....

Anyway, not even quite a year ago, I never would have expected to have my cyclo-computer (okay, this time last year, I didn't even know what that was) to hit 1000 miles!  Of course, the old bike was up to almost 500 miles (I started the new computer and bike at 0), but it's something very cool getting to see this one flip to 1000, and I just happened to be on the odometer by accident when it turned!

I'm trying to see if I can limit the amount of car usage this summer.  We'll see how it works out since during the day, I'd have to stick the kids into the trailer and bike them there with me.  But I can certainly do that, and it'd be better for me and lower my gas usage.  We'll see!

The whole family went out last night for a ride after I'd already gotten an 11-mile ride in the morning, so hit 23 miles while we were out!  It was a beautiful night, and I'm always impressed how friendly most of the people on the path are, whether biking, walking, jogging, or rollerblading!  I'm also surprised at how many people I see bent over a road bike and with their knees pointing outward because the bike's not adjusted right...if you're going to spend the time and money on a road bike then cruise through greenways, zooming past the rest of us who are being leisurely, you'd think the bike would fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment