Friday, July 15, 2011

July 9, 2011 (Day 2)

I woke up ready for my first bike ride.  My heart fluttered as I put on the bicycle shorts (wow did they make a difference, though they took some getting used to!), a T-shirt, shoes, and strapped on the helmet.  I almost backed out as I led the bike to the front of the garage and opened the door. 
Then I managed to get on and start slowly down our street then enter onto the multi-purpose paths along the greenway.  Wow, there are far more hills than I realized while we were pushing strollers!  Sadly, my lungs were feeling it a bit as I made my circuit, nodding proudly to the few people I passed who were jogging or walking dogs.  I pretty much avoided all roads as best I could.  When I pulled back into the garage, the asthma and new exertion left me sweaty and winded, but I’d done it.  I have no idea how long the first ride was, but I’m guessing it was only about 10 minutes.  It felt much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment