Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 24, 2013

I still can hardly believe that I'm officially riding a road bike!  I biked in to work today, though my timing was a bit off as far as getting in to work, but it was a great morning. Then leaving work, I rode the long way and got in about twenty more miles, getting in about 31 miles for the day!  It did kick my butt, and I did et past by a couple people.  It still freaks the hell out of me to go over 30 mph, but I also love it--the promise of that speed is what keeps me going up those endless hills!

One of the more interesting things I've noticed is that I get waves and nods now that I didn't get as often on the hybrid.  Of course, I can only nod back since I'm still not taking my hands off he handlebars much yet...I still have to stop to drink water!  My goal is to eventually be able to move my hands on to the drops now that I can shift my hands a little more easily on top.  Maybe in the next couple weeks?  I know my crash on the first bike is keeping e more cautious, but I rather be cautious than broken because I did something before I was ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment